cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Turkey Enchiladas With Sour Cream


Serves 6

 Ingredients

 2 Cans Green chiles
 1 large clove garlic, minced

2 tablespoons olive oil or salad oil
1 ½ Pound Ripe tomatoes

 2 Cup Onions chopped
 2 Teaspoons Salt   (I used only a ½ Teaspoon)

½ Teaspoon Oregano
 ½ Cup Water

 3 Cups Cooked turkey (I used Turkey Thighs I steamed them and then took the                                                                              meat off the bone)                              
 2 Cups Sour cream

 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar cheese
 1/3 cup salad oil or lard

12 Corn tortillas (I wormed the tortillas in the Microwave for 45 Seconds I did them one at a time and they were very pliable)

 Directions

 Rinse seeds from the chiles and chop; saute with the garlic in the 2 tablespoons oil, heated.  (I used can chilies.  So I just dropped them into the pan)
Peel and chop the tomatoes and add with the onions, 1 teaspoon of the salt, oregano, and water.

Simmer slowly, uncovered, until thick, about 30 minutes; set aside.
Meanwhile combine the turkey with the sour cream, cheese, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.

Heat the 1/3 cup oil and dip the tortillas, one at a time, in the hot oil just until they become limp.
Fill them with the turkey mixture, roll up, and arrange them side by side and with seam sides down in a large shallow baking pan.

Pour the chile sauce over the top and bake in a 350° oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.

This was very good.  We had leftoversJ

The guy doing the deck has never come back to take the rest of the stuff to the dump.  He wanted cash for the job.  If we pay him the rest we are going to write him a check.  He did not want a paper trail.  He is going to have one now.

The all year Santa is back.  Dan is going to have to talk to him whether he wants to or not.  Why he bought him a back scrubber I have no idea.  Since he hurt his arm years ago he can’t bend his arm back to use one.  I know that we are going to have a argument about it.  I guess that is the way it has to be.

We were going to go to HD hotspurs for early Valentines dinner but it is no longer in Kent.  Boy were we surprised!!

Work has really dropped off.  I am working this Saturday and then I am not on the schedule.  I am doing some kind of cheese.  I may have to have help cutting the rind off.  I think Linda (supervisor) is supposed to be living sometime soon.  Not sure when.

No comments:

Post a Comment