cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Straw & Hay Pasta


Ingredients

4 Ounces Vermicelli
 1 ¼ Half and Half
 1/3 to 1/2 cup thinly sliced cooked ham, cut into slivers
1/3 cup frozen petite peas
¾ Cup Parmesan cheese

 Directions
In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring 1 to 2 quarts water to boiling.
Add pasta and cook, uncovered, until tender-firm to bite, about 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 4- to 5-quart pan, combine half-and-half, ham, and peas.
Stir often on medium-high heat until steaming.
Remove from heat.
Drain pasta and pour into cream mixture.
With 2 forks, lift pasta to mix with cream; do this several times for 3 to 4 minutes.
Pasta will absorb much of the liquid.
Then add 1/3 cup of the cheese and mix well.

I used white and green fete chine.  I also used regular green peas.

  Autumn Vegetable & Turkey Chowder

 Ingredients

 3 Tablespoon Butter/Margarine
 1 medium-size onion, chopped   (I used green onion)
1 Cup Carrots    (I used one large carrot)
½ Cup Celery
 2 Cups Potatoes (I used 2 large gold potatoes)
 1 can about 14 1/2 oz. tomatoes
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 ½ Teaspoon Worcestershire
 2 Cups Cooked turkey (I used 1 cooked Turkey thigh)
 1 1/2 cups 6 oz. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Chopped parsley
2 cups milk
 Salt and pepper

 Directions

 Melt butter in a 3-quart pan over medium heat.
Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft about 10 minutes.

Stir in carrots, celery, potatoes, tomatoes break up with a spoon and their liquid, bouillon cubes, and Worcestershire.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and boil gently, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender to bite about 15 minutes.

Mix in turkey.
Gradually stir in milk; heat, stirring often, just until soup is steaming.

Season to taste with salt and pepper; then add 1 1/4 cups of the cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with parsley and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.

Tomorrow, I will be using an oven.  I always have to say prayers because my confidence is not where it should be.  I know that I will do well but I figure the extra boost is always a helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment