cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beef Barbecue


Prep: 5 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours Yield 12 Servings

 Yield: 12 Servings

 Ingredients

•1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
•1 cup barbecue sauce
•1/2 cup apricot preserves
•1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
•1 small onion, chopped
•1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
•2 teaspoons brown sugar
•12 sandwich rolls, split

Directions

•Cut the roast into quarters; place in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, green pepper, onion, mustard and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
 • Remove roast and thinly slice; return meat to slow cooker and stir gently. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes longer. Skim fat from sauce. Serve beef and sauce on rolls.

I used a pork tenderloin two pounds instead of the beef.

I used my slow cooked and cooked it for four hours instead of the six.

Had a grate Christmas and New Year.  Spent Christmas at my Sister Jackie’s house.  Had a nice dinner with the family.  Dan and I spent New Year’s day by ourselves.  We played games and had leftover pork.  It was grate the next day.

Works has dropped down next to nothing at least for me it has.  God’s in control so I am not worried.

We were supposed to get together with Jonathan.  He never called us back.  He had his Mom call us instead.  We wanted to talk to him.  We wanted to invite Katie to come along. We have tried to call him again.  So far he has not called us back.  We wanted to find out why he gave us an Applebee’s card.  We have asked for people not to give us Christmas presents because it became such a drag to get people to give us a list that we decided to celebrate birthdays instead.  I don’t know if he gets that or not.  We feel that Christmas is a time for Jesus and  family not presents.  We feel that’s what Birthdays are fore.  We will see If we can get him on board with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment