cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Beef and Vegetable Saute

Ingredients

 1 Large Carrots
 1  medium-size zucchini
1 Large Onion
 1 Cup Green beans
 1 to 1 1/4 pounds top round or flank steak
3 Tablespoon Salad oil
 1 Cup Water
 1/3 Cup Firmly packed brown sugar
 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
 ¼ Cider Vinegar
 3 Tablespoons Soy sauce

 Directions

 

Using slicing disc, slice carrots and set aside.
Slice zucchini and onion.
With a knife, cut green beans into 1-inch lengths.
Cut meat in half lengthwise; slice each half crosswise on the diagonal into 1/8-inch-thick strips.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a wide frying pan over high heat; add meat, 1/2 at a time, and cook, stirring frequently, until slices are browned on the outside but still slightly pink in the middle (about 2 minutes).
Set aside.

In same pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
Add carrots and beans and toss once.
Add 1/2 cup of the water, cover, and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.

Add zucchini and onion, turn heat to high, and cook for 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are just tender-crisp.
Combine sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy, and remaining 1/2 cup water.
Stir into vegetables, return meat to pan, and cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened (about 30 seconds).

I used pork with this dish.  I did not have to use as much water as they were calling for.  I also cooked all the vegetables in the same pan.  It was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment