cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Fish Fillets In Wine Sauce


Ingredients

 4 Large Dried mushrooms
 ¾ Cup Chicken broth
 2 Tablespoon Dry sherry
 1 Teaspoon Sugar
 2 Teaspoons Soy sauce
 1 Egg
 ½ Teaspoon Salt
 ¼ Pepper white
 1 pound fish fillets, such as rockfish, turbot, sole, or sea bass, cut in 2-inch squares
Cornstarch
2 Tablespoon Salad oil
 2 teaspoons each cornstarch and water, combined
1 Teaspoon Sesame oil

 Directions
Cover mushrooms with warm water, let stand for 30 minutes, then pour off 1 1/2 cup of soaking liquid and place in a small pan; discard remaining liquid.

Cut off and discard stems; slice mushrooms.
Place mushrooms in pan with soaking liquid; add chicken broth, sherry, sugar, and soy.

Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until mushrooms are tender Beat egg with salt and pepper.
Dip pieces of fish in egg, then coat lightly with cornstarch, 'n a wide frying pan, heat salad oil over medium-high heat.

Add fish and cook until it flakes when prodded in thickest part with a fork (about 3 minutes per side).
Stir cornstarch and water.

Add to sauce and cook, stirring, until sauce bubbles and thickens.
Stir in sesame oil.

Transfer fish to a serving platter; pour sauce over fish before serving.

This was very good the mushroom gravy was wonderful!!  We had baked potato and spinach.  I wish that it had made more, it was that good.
Went to Jonathon’s Birthday on Saturday. It was held at the Cluck’s house.  They have a nice house.  They are a nice family.  I am glad that they like Jonathon.  He seems to have a lot of friends.  There were a number of people there.  Tony Cluck was sick.  He Had the flu.  I hope Mom doesn’t get it.

My hours for work have picked up.  Gotta be able to help pay the bills.  I had two weeks off.  That’s a long time with out money coming in!
Dan came home early today.  We are going to start planning our trip for our 2oth anniversary.  We are either going to Germany or England.  I am down for either one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment