cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Balsamic-Glazed Salmon Fillets


10 mins Cook 20 Mins Ready in 30 mins

 Original recipe makes 6 servings

6 (5 ounce)salmon fillets
4 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon white wine
1 tablespoon honey

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard

salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Coat a small saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook and stir garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Mix in white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.

3. Arrange salmon fillets on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush fillets with balsamic glaze, and sprinkle with oregano.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes, or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Brush fillets with remaining glaze, and season with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to transfer fillets to serving platter, leaving the skin behind on the foil.
 

Dan helped with this while I mad the salad that followes.
We had fun working in the kitchen together.
This was very good.



Spinach Salad I
20 mins COOK 20 mins Ready in 40 mins
Original recipe makes 6 to 8 servings
1/4 cup diced red onion
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
4 eggs
10 ounces fresh spinach - chopped, washed and dried
1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
1/2 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups crushed croutons
1red onion, sliced in rings
Directions
1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
2 .In a small saucepan, combine the diced onion, sugar, black pepper, celery salt, mustard, vegetable oil, and vinegar. Whisk over high heat until all ingredients are well mixed and onions are translucent. Remove from heat and refrigerate until cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, spinach, iceberg, bacon, croutons and onion rings. Toss together.
4. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
I got  my accommodation notice yesterday.  They paid Federal Express to send it to me!! That was a real answer to prayer!!.  Now I have to do my part and do my best with the microwave and oven.  I think I will do ok. 
This Friday we are going to Karen & Doug’s house for Christmas dinner.  Becky and Bob will be  there.  They are both going to school.  It will be nice to see them. 
Karen always has a lot of food so no one should go hungry.
This will be the first time that we have seen Dan since he was in the hospital.  I am looking forward to seeing him.
We are going to Jackie’s house for Christmas dinner.  Julie will be there.  Scott will have to work so we will be eating at noon.  Plenty of time to play games!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment