cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce


Original recipe makes 4 servings

 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
cooking spray
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Directions
 

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake asparagus 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the baked asparagus to serve.

The thing about this recipe that was good is the sauce.  I would steam the vegetables instead of bake them.  I think that they would have turned out better if I had.

Grilled Peanut Chicken

Original recipe makes 4 servings

2 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/3 teaspoon curry powder
1 dash ground cayenne pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, curry powder, and cayenne pepper.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on grate, and brush with 1/2 the sauce. Grill 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken, and brush with remaining sauce. Continue grilling 6 to 8 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.

This was very good!!!  Dan did this on our Indore grill.
 We are in the process of filling out the forms for the accommodation for me at work.  I will be seeing my eye doctor this coming Monday.  I talked to Linda because I thought that they might try and fire me because I can’t use the skillet.  She told me that she thought since I have been there for four years that I should not have any thing to worry about.  I am so glad that I have Lind for my supervisor.  I feel that she has been very supportive of me.  Thank you Jesus for her.

I will be using a microwave this coming Thursday.  I am looking forward to the challenge of using it.

Dan has an appointment on Monday like I do.  I am hoping that he will be getting has hearing checked.  I guess after we saw Pete Thousand on the TV I guess that helped him to want to do something about his ears. 

After our appointments we are planning on going out to lunch/breakfast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment