cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Pork and Shrimp Pancit


PREP 10 mins  Cook 20 Mins Ready In 45 Mins Serves 4
1 (6.75 ounce) package rice noodles
5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 small onion, minced (I used a shallot)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 cups cooked small shrimp, diced
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked pork
4 cups shredded bok choy
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 green onion, minced

Directions
1. Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 20 minutes; drain.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Saute noodles for 1 minute. Transfer to serving dish, and keep warm. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet, and saute onion, garlic, ginger, shrimp and pork for 1 minute. Stir in bok choy, oyster sauce and chicken broth. Season with pepper flakes. Cover, and cook for 1 minute, or until bok choy is wilted. Spoon over noodles, and garnish with minced green onion.

Could not find rice noodles.  So I used regular egg noodles.  Turned out swell.
 
Spicy Turkey Burgers
PREP 20 mins Cook 20 Mins Ready In 40 Mins 8 Servings
2 pounds lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
2 fresh green chile peppers, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Directions
1. Preheat the grill for high heat.
2. In a bowl, mix the ground turkey, garlic, ginger, chile peppers, red onion, cilantro, salt, soy sauce, black pepper, paprika, mustard, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce. Form the mixture into 8 burger patties.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place turkey burgers on the grill, and cook 5 to 10 minutes per side, until well done.
These were really good.  We had enough for two days.
I had to say goodbye to some one that I have know for years!!
I just could not put up with all the lies and manipulation.  It is rather sad.  You think that you know some one for so long and it turns out that you don’t know them at all.  I wished her well and I pray that good will help me to move on and possibly make a new friend down the road.
Been playing scrabble with a women that live in Mississippi.
We have had some interesting conversations.  I thank God for new friends and opportunity’s.
Not working until Saturday.
Saw Julie last during Easter.  She was here in town for a wedding.  Hopefully it all went down well. 
Saw a wonderful concert with Rush.  For three guys they sure have sound and can play.  Thinking about getting the DVD.  Jonathan wants to know what type of music I listen to this would be something for him to see.  They sure can play!!!!
 
 
 
 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment