cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Kielbasa with Honey Mustard


PREP 10 Min's Cook 5 Min's Ready in 15 Min's Serves 6

1 pound kielbasa sausage (Two pounds would be better)
 1 1/2 cups ginger ale
 1 teaspoon brown sugar
 8 ounces honey mustard

Directions

1. Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Slice kielbasa diagonally into 1/4 inch pieces.
2. In a medium-size skillet saute kielbasa in ginger ale until they are heated through. Drain well. Arrange the kielbasa on the prepared baking sheet, then sprinkle them with brown sugar.

3. Broil the kielbasa until the brown sugar melts and begins to crystallize, check after 3 to 5 minutes. Serve the kielbasa with honey mustard for dipping.

This was very good!! Easy

Cream Cheese Ranch Potatoes

PREP 20 Min's  Cook 25 Min's Ready in 45 Min's Serves 8
8 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
 1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
 1 cup sour cream
 1/2 cup butter, softened

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and mash.
2. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and dressing mix until smooth. Stir in mashed potatoes, sour cream and butter; beat until desired consistency is reached.

This was very good!! We have leftover for tonight.  I am going to serve baked chicken with it.

Green Beans for a Special Occasion

PREP 10 Min's Cook 10 Min's Ready in 20 Min's Serves 4

1 tablespoon olive oil
 1 clove garlic, minced
 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts
 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
 salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and pine nuts, and saute until lightly browned.
2. Place the green beans in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and toss with the garlic and pine nuts to serve.

This was good!! I steamed the beans in the microwave.  Then I sauted them with the oil and pine nuts.
I got to talk to Michael last night!! I would have never recognized his voice in a million years!!  I would love to go to lunch with him some time.  It would be fun to catch up on our lives. 

Working tomorrow.  I hope to have the weekend off I want to go to the U district to get some glass cleaner.  We are planning to go to a new hamburger joint.  I am looking forward to spending my time with Dannie!!  I love the times we spend together we always have fun together.  I am so blessed by this man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment