cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chicken and Apple Curry


PREP 20 mins  COOK 55 MINS READY IN 1HR 15 MINS Serves 6 -8

3 tablespoons butter
2 small onion, chopped (I used green onion)
2 apples - peeled, cored and finely chopped
 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon curry powder
 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup hot chicken broth
 1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Saute apple and onion in butter or margarine until tender. Add curry powder and saute 1 minute more. Add flour and continue to cook 1 minute longer. Add stock or broth and milk; stir well.

3. Salt and pepper chicken breasts to taste and lay in a single layer in a 9x13 inch (or larger) baking dish. Pour sauce mixture over chicken breasts and bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until chicken is done.

This was really good!! We have leftovers tonight!!
Put in the time to go down to see Tom and Velva.  I haven’t seen the girls in a while.  It will be nice to see the Grand Nephews!!  I am sure that Connor is getting big.

Katie is studding hard for her nursing!!  Not much time for anything else.  She will be don for the summer in June.  I bet that they will give her stuff to study during this time off. 
Julie will not be able to come home for the summer.  She is going to Panama In July.  Boy that is going to be hot.  Way to hot for me.  I can’t deal with the heat any more.  She is young so she can take it. 

Self cleaning the oven for the first time today.  Boy does it stink.  Hopefully it is not going to bother my asthma.  It is a four hour clean!!!  I have to have the heat off and a window and fan going!!!. 
My eye appointment got moved to next month.  I need to start using these other drops.  My eye has been bothering me. 

So many drops some times it’s hard to keep things straight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment