cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Beef Yakitori


Original recipe makes 4 servings

1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pound sirloin steak, cubed

Directions
 

1. In a glass or plastic bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, sesame seeds, sugar, green onions, garlic, and ginger.
2. Thread the meat onto skewers. (If you are using wooden skewers, soak them 30 minutes first.) Place the skewers in a plastic or glass container just large enough to hold them, and pour the marinade over the meat, turning to coat well. Cover, and chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
3. Preheat grill for high heat, and position grate 5 inches from coals.
4. Brush grate with oil, and place skewers on grill. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, occasionally turning kabobs to ensure even cooking.
Dan did this recipe.  This was soooooo good.  Dan does all recipes that require the grill.   We use pork instead of beef.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs I
 


 makes 6 to 8 servings
2 pounds ground beef
1 egg
1 onion, chopped
1 pinch salt
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle chili sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup grape jelly
Directions
1.In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, onion and salt. Mix together, then shape into little balls.
2.In a slow cooker combine chili sauce, lemon juice and grape jelly. Stir in meatballs and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.\
This was good.  It made two meals.
Went out to lunch with Jackie and Mom.  Went to a pho restaurant.  Dan and I have been there before.  For some reason they didn’t offer tea.  I was surprised at that.
I have given all my yarn to Mom.  I am no longer interested in crocheting.  I spend most of my time on the computer or watching TV.
I am planning on making Dan some cookies for Christmas.  He gave me a Christmas list and I have rejected it.  The stuff he had on it he can buy himself.  I have created a book wish list and a cd wish list.  I told him that he needs to select something from one or both of them.  I have made it easy for him to get to the list so there is no excuse for not giving me a list.




No comments:

Post a Comment