cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Plum-Glazed Cornish Game Hens


PREP 10 mins COOK 8 hrs READY IN 8 hrs10 6 servings

Ingredients

3 (1 1/2 pound) Cornish game hens
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 cup plum jam
1 (1.25 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced, for garnish

 Directions

1. Place the game hens in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
2. Mix the plum jam and onion soup mix together in a bowl until well blended. Remove 1/4 cup of the jam mixture and refrigerate until needed. Brush the remaining jam mixture over the hens.

3. Set the slow cooker on Low for 7 hours. Brush the reserved glaze over the hens. Cook on Low 1 hour more. Place hens on serving plates and garnish with kiwifruit slices.

Did not use the Kiwifruit.  It was very good!!  We each had a bird and used the third one for sandwiches. 
Had a surprise on Friday my brother showed up!!!  We had a nice visit!!!
Dan is doing better not hurting so much!!!
I had last weekend off!!!  Three days with my Husband!!! Sweet!!!  Schedule is slowly picking up. 
Mom seems to be doing better.  Working hard on her projects and planning new ones!!! Yes, so glad that she is trying to carry on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment