cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Old Fashioned Rice Pudding


PREP 10 mins COOK 1 hr READY IN 1 hr10 mins 6 servings

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ground cinnamon

 Directions

1. In a saucepan, combine milk, rice, sugar and salt if desired; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins and vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator.

This was good but, I wish that I made it in a bigger dish.  It made a mess in my oven!!! L know I will have to use the self-cleaning this summer L

No comments:

Post a Comment