cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sauteed Shrimp In Mint Beurre Blanc

Prep Time 15 Min Cook Time 10 Min Serves 4

Ingredients

1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
6 to 8 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 to 1 1/2 pounds medium-size raw shrimp 30 to 32 per lb., shelled and deveined
Lemon slices
Mint sprigs

Directions

In a food processor or blender, whirl lemon peel, mint leaves, and 1/4 cup of the butter until well blended; set aside.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until just opaque in center; cut to test about 5 minutes.
With a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a warm plate; keep warm.
Add wine to pan and boil over high heat, stirring, until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup about 5 rninutes.
Add mint butter all at once and stir until butter is smoothly blended into sauce.
For a thicker sauce, stir in remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons plain butter.
Pour sauce into a warm serving dish; then add shrimp.
Garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs.
This recipe was very tastey.  I love shrimp!!  Almost any way I can get it.
Tomorrow, we are going down to Tacoma to visit Dan's parents.  I have the whole weekend off!!  I am looking forward to hanging out with Dan.  I am not sure what we are going to do on Saturday and Sunday but I am sure that it will be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment