cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Italian Sausage and Zucchini

Preparation Time10 Min Cooking Time15 Min Ready in 25 Min
Ingredients
About 1 pound mild Italian sausage
1 medium-size onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
1 pound carrots, cut in 1/4-inch slanting slices
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon salad oil
1/4 pound mushrooms, cut in 1/4-inch slices
1 pound zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch slices
1/4 cup each hot water and dry sherry
1 teaspoon chicken stock base or 1 chicken bouillon cube
Grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
Remove casings from sausage and crumble meat.
Place wok over high heat.
When wok is hot, add sausage and stir-fry until browned (about 5 minutes); remove sausage from wok with a slotted spoon and set aside.
To drippings in wok, add onion and carrot.
Stir-fry for about 1 minute.
Add the 1 tablespoon water; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until carrot is tender-crisp; remove from wok and set aside.
Add oil to wok. When oil is hot, add mushrooms
and zucchini and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add hot
water, sherry, and chicken stock base; cover and
cook for 2 minutes. Return sausage and carrot
mixture to wok and cook, uncovered, for 30 sec-
onds or until most of liquid has evaporated. Serve
with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.

I love sir-fry!!  This turned out wonderful!!
I can't play words with friends on facebook.  It causes my computer to run slow.  I have asked advice on facebook but, no one has said anything.  It's to bad because I am not much into computer games and I like scrabble a lot:(

No comments:

Post a Comment